Friday, July 04, 2008

Travel by Train

After a long span of time, I got an opportunity to travel by train. I recalled the long journey that we used to have as children, enjoy running between the compartments through the vestibules to the pantry car, library. And of course the friendly neighbours!!!

I am amazed at the bonding between the fellow passengers. While in a plane , I noticed that people cling on to their mobile till the plane takes off and then hook on to their laptops. While in train, they are at their leisure, enjoy the journey and the conversation ranges from their job, family to the international politics. At the end of the journey, the numbers are exchanged with the promise to be in touch and though happy to meet our family in the station, still feel a pang of sadness at the separation.

This time, I traveled in AC, but next time I have decided to take my son in Non-AC, so that he enjoys the window seat, looking at the greenery in our countryside, waiting for the platform, enjoy the knick-knacks available at the platform and of course the view of the engine of the train as and when it turns!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been with you.

I miss the fun we had.

srijithunni said...

Train journeys are simply something else. Truly great. Also chitra, in Non-AC you would notice that the bonding is even more.