Monday, April 07, 2008

Kite runner

I never understood as to why children despite the fact they possess numerous kites run behind kites that have been cut. When my son was 4 years, I used to run with him and catch the kite and could sense the excitement in his face. We would be thrilled if we could get hold of the kite. At that time, I thought it must be sheer fun to catch hold of flying objects from a kid’s perspective.

Now, when my son runs for the kite, I shout at him and tell him to give way for the less privileged boys who can not buy themselves a new kite.

As I was reading this novel, I realized the importance of kite runner.

Come this Independence Day, I might not stop him from running behind the kite and probably even encourage him much to his surprise….

2 comments:

rajk said...

Nice one! I wrote a post on "The Kite Runner" too recently.

Chandini Santosh said...

I wrote a review of 'The Kite Runner' and was invited by Hosseni to ask a question on Afghanistan and taliban. By the way, Hosseini's second work, 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' is also an emotional saga - this time of two women. Good read.