Thursday, September 14, 2006

The song that I came to sing........ by Tagore

The song that I came to sing remains
unsung to this day.
I have spent my days in stringing and in
unstringing my instrument.
The time has not come true, the words
have not been rightly set; only there is the
agony of wishing in my heart.
The blossom has not opened; only the
wind is sighing by.
I have not seen his face, nor have I
listened to his voice; only I have heard his
gentle footsteps from the road before my
house.
The livelong day has passed in spreading
his seat on the floor; but the lamp has not
been lit and I cannot ask him into my
house.
I live in the hope of meeting with him;
but the meeting is not yet.
--from Gitanjali



P.S. this poem phrases my mental condition. Had I been Tagore, I would have written the above lines, but Chitra that i am ,you had to read the post below. : ).

5 comments:

Sujit said...

aha!.. tagore was at that time.. but time has changed the perspective!.. you can walk onto road!.. and introduce yourself and write the next line of the poem :)..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem :)

Junius said...

i know...this is real chitra, original one, which i saw when i read this blog for the first time!
talk to shankari Da, u will feel easy :-)

chitra said...

ende da,

enna da always depressedaa irkannamaa?

Shankari enna shrink aa - have u tried?

Junius said...

Err...kannada gothilla...
i didnt get a single word :-(, seriously...