Monday, March 26, 2007

My Father

My father got married when he was 43 years and I was born on his 44th birthday. My father had about 16 years of service with him to guarantee us a secured future. This must have been the main concern for him and so he was busy during our childhood days. Still, we managed to dine together and travel to almost all parts of the country from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. He retired when I was 17 years. But unfortunately at that time, we were busy with our friends, making a career for us and so we didn’t have time for each other.

He never talked about his childhood and youth. We have heard about his kind acts and not so kind acts from our relatives. We experience his knowledge and wisdom in our everyday life. When I stumbled on a few write ups of his, I realized that he is an enigma. I really wish God grants me and my father a couple of years together so that I can chronicle his life and to pass on the wisdom to our future generation.

8 comments:

Sujit said...

Hope the wish will come true. Yeah, parents and their experinces are of immense importance for us.. and the next generation.. good thought!

dharmabum said...

inshallah! i used to feel the same way about from thatha - he was one walking talking encyclopedia or myriad experiences. i couldn't though, and am only left with a few good memories that i shall forever cherish.

Priya said...

Where is my comment chitu dear??

chitra said...

I was waiting fr one, dear Priya.

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your sons get to spend that quality time with your dad.. it's a priceless experience.

Anonymous said...

Chitu:

I can only say, cherish each and every moment of it and ask things which you never know.

How do we know said...

i can only say i share the prayer.

Known Stranger said...

he is not there when i read how much you feel for him. let his soul rest in peace